Drop off times
This morning the drop off at the start of the day was as busy as it was last week. There are many parents arriving before they are due to enter and others arriving later than expected. There are also some parents driving down the close at the same time as parents and children are waiting. This is very worrying and we need to do something to stop this before an accident happens.
We have therefore decided to try a different method. From Wednesday 9th September entry to school will be as detailed below:
- All of KS2 children (Yrs 3, 4, 5, & 6) will be allowed into the playground at 8.45am and will line up separately prior to gong into school. If any of these children have a sibling in Years 1, 2 or Reception they will also be allowed into the playground.
- All of KS1 children who do not have an older sibling (Yrs 1 & 2) will be allowed into the playground at 9am.
- All of our Reception children will be allowed into the playground at 9.10am.
- Only parents of Reception age children will be allowed into the playground.
- Parents who arrive before their allocated time will be asked to move away from the entrance to the school until their allocated time.
- Parents are asked not to drive down Water Mill Close as you are putting children at risk by doing so.
By having a longer gap between entry we are hoping that parents will not arrive early and therefore not block paths and the road. We will be following these times strictly therefore we ask that you do not arrive early or late.
We are not able to block off the road and do not have access to another entrance so we all have to be considerate of each other and follow guidelines.
We will trial this method for a week to see if it makes things better, if not then we will keep thinking of other ways. Please be patient with us, this is a new way of doing things and every school is having similar difficulties.
The times for picking up at the end of the day will remain the same as before as this seems to be working at the moment.
This message will be sent home via the children tomorrow as well so that everyone is informed prior to Wednesday.